Friday, October 27, 2006

The Challenge $500 to $3000 by 2007

To force myself/give myself a reason to update this every day i've set a goal for myself. Take my ~$500 bankroll and turn it into at least $3000 by the new year.

"But Jay, you suck at poker! How are you going to pull this off??"


Well, it should be pretty easy, i've come up with a new theory, if i actually win at poker, this whole making money idea gets a lot easier! So to reach my goal im going to do the following things:

1. Play winning poker. Right now I'm spending my time at the $50Nl full ring game with a little 6max mixed in every now and then depending on how comfortable i feel with it.

2. Clear bonuses, rack up the rakeback. Right now i'm in the middle of a re-load bonus on full tilt as well as the sign up bonus on doyles room. Those, along with rakeback on both sites should help keep me on track barring any ugly downswings that may come my way.


As i write there are 65 days left in the year. If my math doesnt suck that means if i set a goal of making $40 per day over that span I'll have $3100 by the end of the year.

With that said, here's how I fared on 'Day 1' of my quest.

Thanks to a sick session of $50nl 6max on doyles room, i overcame an ass kicking i took on full tilt and ended the day $ +42.34 Bringing the 'ol bankroll up to $552.77. So far so good, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home