Saturday, March 31, 2007

March Results and Goals for April




Well, I guess that says it all doesnt it? March was a really good month. +$830 or so in cash games, and I only wasted about $50 on Tourneys. As you can see I took a shot at 100nl towards the end of that big heater (hands 10.5k -16k) I actually played and ran well during my session at 100 and was up well over a buy in when this hand happened...

FullTiltPoker Game #2042598891: Table Peak (6 max) - $0.50/$1 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:59:02 ET - 2007/03/22
Seat 1: PedroCerrano ($121.10)
Seat 2: TwentyOneAerow ($54.50)
Seat 3: Undie28 ($194)
Seat 4: Arc Reaper ($44.50)
Seat 5: JPLG9 ($106.30)
Seat 6: jjdylan ($176.20)
JPLG9 posts the small blind of $0.50
jjdylan posts the big blind of $1
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jjdylan [As Ad]
PedroCerrano folds
TwentyOneAerow folds
Undie28 folds
Arc Reaper raises to $3
JPLG9 folds
jjdylan raises to $10
Arc Reaper calls $7
*** FLOP *** [2c 7h 4s]
jjdylan bets $13
Arc Reaper raises to $34.50, and is all in
jjdylan calls $21.50
Arc Reaper shows [Qd 8d]
jjdylan shows [As Ad]
Arc Reaper: haha
*** TURN *** [2c 7h 4s] [5s]
*** RIVER *** [2c 7h 4s 5s] [6h]
Arc Reaper shows a straight, Eight high
jjdylan shows a pair of Aces
Arc Reaper wins the pot ($86.50) with a straight, Eight high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $89.50 | Rake $3
Board: [2c 7h 4s 5s 6h]
Seat 1: PedroCerrano didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: TwentyOneAerow didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Undie28 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: Arc Reaper (button) showed [Qd 8d] and won ($86.50) with a straight, Eight high
Seat 5: JPLG9 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: jjdylan (big blind) showed [As Ad] and lost with a pair of Aces

After that hand I lost a few other mediocre pots over my tables and ended up only a few bucks. But I have no doubt I can beat that game just as well as ive been beating 50nl the past few months. I would have played more 100 this month, but I took some time off and didnt play much the last week or so, so when i did play i took it easy on myself and stuck to the 50nl games I'm comfortable in. I figure that once April starts I'll start taking more shots when I find good tables, and once my bankroll is $2500 or so I'll move up for good as long as I dont lose 6 or 7 buy ins right away.


As for the goals I set for myself at the Beginning of the month...

Play at least 15k hands. - Easily done. I hit close to 18k and could have booked well over 20k if I didnt take most of the last week off.

Reach 'Silver' in FTP's Iron Man Challenge once again. - Check. Like the last goal, I could have easily reached 'Gold' status if I pushed on through the last week.

Play/Run well enough to stay at $50nl and not have to drop back down again this month. - BOOM! I started off really hot...basically broke even for 8k hands....ran super hot for the next 6k then came back to earth a little at the end of it all.

...and finally, at the end of the month have at least $2000 in my FTP account. - This is the only goal i didn't meet, I did come really close, I broke the 2k barrier at my highest point of the month but fell back below over the last 2k hands or so.


April Goals:

Play at least 17k hands - I know I played 18k in March, but I dont think I'll have as much time to play in April so I'll set this as the goal.

Reach 'Gold' Status in Full Tilt's IronMan Promotion. - I could have done it this month, so I'll try to push for it in April.

Move up and become profitable at 100nl. - I'm going to wait until I win a few more buy ins at 50nl before i move up, but hey, its something to shoot for.

Build my bankroll over 2.5k. - If I have a winning month, this one should be easy, especially combined with the rakeback I'll be getting from march, so I guess all im saying is that...I want to win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home